- 1/2 large ambercup squash (~4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ cups veggie broth
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon bragg's aminos
- 1/4 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 can chili beans in sauce
after squash has cooled considerably, chop into several smaller pieces and put in a food processor with the vegetable broth. pulse until the squash becomes thick and creamy, much like the consistency of mashed potatoes. be sure there aren't any large pieces remaining. use a spatula and pour mixture in to a 2-quart sauce pan. add in all the spices, aminos and soymilk, and turn heat to medium temperature. stir often. drain your chili beans, reserving the liquid. after 2-3 minutes, add in 1½ cups of chili beans and 3/4 cup of the reserved chili sauce. continue stirring until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface. serve warm. for presentation, drizzle a little of remaining chili sauce on the surface.
makes 3-4 hearty bowls.