- 1/2 pound pappardelle's mild spice red pepper pasta
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 4 slices of jalapenos
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy
- 1 batch seitan cutlets from vcon
while cutlets are cooking, combine red peppers, jalapenos, garlic and veggie broth in a food processor. if using jarred roasted red peppers, be sure and drain oil/water before adding. once everything is well blended, transfer to a large deep skillet (or a sauce pan will work in a pinch). cut up the cooked cutlets into strips and place in the skillet as well. simmer the cutlets on low to medium for approximately 15 , stirring often- turn heat down if the mixture starts to boil.
after sauce is thoroughly heated, add soymilk and cornstarch to thicken. continue heating for another minute or so, then remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. serve cutlets and sauce over pasta. i know the picture isn't all that glamorous, but trust me, this is one tasty dish.