- 1 pkg. linguine (approx 12 oz.)
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter *like smart balance
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups soymilk (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons bragg's aminos
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- 2/3 cup white cooking wine
in a medium sauce pan, sauté the garlic in olive oil on medium heat. once the garlic starts to roast, add the butter. combine the rest of the sauce ingredients - except for the wine - in the same jar as the soymilk. cap the jar, and shake vigorously until everything has been mixed well. pour the mixture in the saucepan, turning heat down to low-medium. let simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is fairly thick and creamy. add the broccoli florets and cooking wine, simmering for 3-5 minutes more. remove from heat.
personally, i prefer to let the sauce rest for several minutes before serving with the linguine. as the sauce begins to cool off, it will thicken up even more.