- 1 cup of sprouts (i used lentil, red & green pea)
- 2 cups kale
- salad fixins: tomatoes, cucumber, etc.
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 ½ tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- water to thin
when you prepare your salad, you will want to massage the kale for about 5 minutes with olive oil and/or lemon juice. the first time i ate kale i didn't know to do this, and it was like trying to chew a porcupine made out of cardboard. (thanks for the tip, lauren!) the kale should retain its crunchiness, but lose some of the extra-stiffness. toss in the sprouts, and whatever veggies you want for your salad. whisk the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl, using as much water as needed to thin.