- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can vegetarian/vegan refried beans
- 3 cans tomato sauce (8 oz. each)
- 1 block vegan cheddar (like vegan gourmet)
- most of a fajita/burrito seasoning packet**
- handful of black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt/pepper mix
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter ( i use smart balance)
- 1 tablespoon fajita/burrito seasoning mix**
in a 1½ quart round baking dish, lay down one tortilla and spread 2 spoonfuls of refried beans on top. then layer about 1/4 of the tomato sauce and 1/4 of the cheese sauce. lay down another tortilla and keep layering in this manner until you reach the top. finish with a layer of tomato sauce, and sprinkle shredded vegan cheddar on top. i like mine topped with sliced black olives.
bake at 350°f for about 20 minutes, or until cheese and sauce is bubbly. allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.