for the chop:
- 1 1/2 cups wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 cup low sodium soy
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon cajun/creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lipton savory herb garlic soup powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
mix up marinade and coat each chop well. put the rest of the marinade in an 8x11 glass baking dish and let the cutlets marinade for several hours (or overnight).
after marinating, pour off and reserve the liquid. bake chops at 375°f for 40 minutes, flipping half way through. to encrust, pull chops out of oven for several minutes. using tongs, dip each into the reserved marinade, and then into breadcrumbs. put back into dish, and continue cooking at 375°f for about 10 minutes. serve on a bed of miso mustard cabbage slaw.