- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup mixed bell pepper strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fat free nayonaise
right after you pop the veggies in the oven, start cooking quinoa. to cook: soak quinoa in hot water for about 5 minutes, then drain and rinse. add 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes or so.
while everything is cooking, get out the magic bullet or blender and whip up the cheese sauce by blending all the listed ingredients. after the veggies have finished roasting, flip the oven to the broiler setting, and broil the veggies for about 5-10 minutes until the edges start to brown.
finally, combine quinoa and cheese sauce, and fold in the barbecued veggies.