- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 6 cups mom's mushroom pasta sauce**
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 large head of broccoli florets, steamed
- 16 oz. vegan mozzarella, shredded
- 6-8 tablespoons vegan parmesan
- 1 batch vegan ricotta (see recipe below)
for the ricotta:
- 12 oz. silken tofu
- 6 oz. tofutti sour cream
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 5 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 5-8 baby spinach leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
to assemble lasagna:
in a 8x11 glass or ceramic casserole dish, spread about 2 tablespoons of the sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent noodles from sticking. place 3 noodles across the bottom, then use a spoon to spread about 1/3 of the ricotta evenly. now layer about 1/4 of the sauce in the dish, followed by 1/3 of the spinach and the broccoli. sprinkle a mozzarella layer and a parmesan layer, and then place another set of noodles in the dish. repeat the process, building up the lasagna until you have used up all ingredients. make sure to save enough sauce and mozzarella for the final top of the dish.
a few notes: make sure you buy vegan lasagna noodles (no egg). also, for the mozzarella, i used veganrella this time as i often have a hard time getting fyh vegan gourmet cheeses to melt. veganrella's cheddar cheese is really good, but the mozzarella was just average. i think next time i will try using tofutti mozzarella slices... just a thought.
bake lasagna at 375°f for about 45 minutes. the top cheese layer should be browning and the sauce should be bubbly. makes 6 large pieces of lasagna.