- 16 oz. whole wheat mostaccioli
- 3/4-1 whole green bell pepper
- 3 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- dash of salt and pepper
- 6 oz. tofutti 'sour cream'
- 4 oz. tofutti 'cream cheese'
- 5 oz. vegan gourmet mozzarella (shredded)
now the fun begins.
in a 9x11 glass casserole dish, use about three tablespoons of the sauce to coat the bottom (prevents sticking). layer 1/2 of the mostaccioli in the dish, then layer 1/2 sauce, 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 of the mozzarella. then repeat with the other half of the ingredients.
pop in the oven at 350 f° for about 25 minutes, until the sauce starts to bubble and the cheese begins to melt. pull out and cool around 10-12 minutes before trying to serve, although in my house we only make it about 5 minutes.