- 1 pound cabbage, shredded (i use dole coleslaw mix)
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 9 cups water
- 1 veggie bouillon cube (i use knorr)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1½ cups textured vegetable protein *(or boca ground crumbles)
in a large stock pot (approx. 8 qt), bring everything but the tvp to a boil. lower temperature to medium low, cover, and let simmer for about 40 minutes. add the textured veggie protein and cook for another 15 minutes. check the water level often and add more water or spices if necessary.
makes about 6 hearty bowls of soup (which equals a lot of leftovers if you are trying to kill a cold).