- 2 cups cooked lentils (1 - 1.25 cup dry lentils)
- 1/2 can chili beans (in chili sauce)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce/nama shoyu
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- *(or 1/2 jalapeno)
read lentil package for cooking instructions. while lentils are cooking, heat up chili beans. once cooked, drain as much chili sauce as possible (without washing it off) - if you don't discard some of the sauce, your sloppy joe will be extra soupy. throw half of the can of beans, a little of the chili sauce, and the jalapenos (if using) in the magic bullet or food processor. drain the lentils, then add the chili bean paste, about 6 oz. of tomato sauce, and the rest of the ingredients back in the saucepan and simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes.
wrap in a wheat tortilla and serve up with some sea salt & vinegar chips. makes about 4 burritos.